- 1 large butternut squash
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 12 chestnuts, roasted, peeled and chopped
- 1.5L vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- crème fraïche (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Peel the butternut squash, halve and remove the seeds. Cut into large wedges and place in a large roasting tin with the onion and garlic.
- Add the rosemary, salt, pepper and olive oil, toss together and roast for around 25 minutes until golden and softened.
- Place in a blender with the chestnuts and any roasting juices from the pan. Blitz, adding the stock a little at a time, until smooth.
- Tip into a saucepan, add the remaining stock if necessary, bring to a boil and reduce to simmer for five minutes.
- Season to taste and serve with a drizzle of cream or dollop of crème fraïche.